Ecoteck Francesca

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Garabge. Tossed it out. Not sure what to do with it. I dont trust it, its loud, cannot get it to behave so I yanked it out. Got an Enviro Mini in its place for the time being....much better.

There may be a curb alert sent out sometime soon.
I am sure that some of us would like it just for the fan motors etc

very impressed so far! ran it on 3 all night and woke up to house 70 degress with 3/4 full hopper. And it holds an entire bag unlike the Italian job. And quiet!

You wouldn't happen to sell these do you?? Just kidding, I know you do :)

That being said they are a nice unit. I am adding a second stove, putting it in a bonus room at the opposite end as my current stove.

The final four on my list are

Enviro Mini
St. Croix Element
Englander EP
Englander 10-CPM

It going to be a tough decision.....

What happened...you used to rave about your Ecoteck....sell me the parts please !!
I sent you a Private Conversation message.

Last edited:
What happened...you used to rave about your Ecoteck....sell me the parts please !!
I sent you a Private Conversation message.
I raved about it the first year, then I lived with it. My wife and kids lived with it too and pellets falling on top of the heat exchanger nearly caught my house a blaze. So it's gone. piss poor design that something like that could ever happen...EVER!

When theory meets practicality.

I have an Enviro Mini which is now 7 years old. I need to replace it and would never buy another enviro mini. I know lots of people with them, and everyone complains about the noise. My fan motor and exhaust motor have squeaks for about 4 years now, and the noise is no longer tolerable. The circuit board fried recently and I now have to light it manually. Too bad there aren't more good options for small pellet stoves, ones that are durable.

I have an Enviro Mini which is now 7 years old. I need to replace it and would never buy another enviro mini. I know lots of people with them, and everyone complains about the noise. My fan motor and exhaust motor have squeaks for about 4 years now, and the noise is no longer tolerable. The circuit board fried recently and I now have to light it manually. Too bad there aren't more good options for small pellet stoves, ones that are durable.
My Mini is quiet and if the motors did squeak I wouldn't wait 4 years to fix it.

Reactions: Mt Bob
What do you mean "cannot get it to behave?"

Edit: Not all of them are like that - my "Italian job" holds 60 lbs and has a centrifugal fan for the room blower - not that loud. Tangential fan for ducting is louder but will not be in use until stove is repositioned out of the living room so noise will not be as relevant.

Better luck with the Mini...

Last edited:
I heard the older Enviro Mini's does not run well on the low heat settings 1 or 2.
Does a control panel upgrade fix it?

The old design ran fine if the burn pot and slide plate under it was positioned properly- the hint was lighting took forever if it wasn't right. The newer Mini A (been out for 4-5 years now) is much better, but all minis are quiet quiet quiet. The convex blower doesn't move a lot of air, but its quiet. I have found if pellets aren't too long and are of good quality, all minis run ok on 2, most will on 1. The air damper is touchy on those settings, run the thing on 3 and its a nice little stove. Scott, think you made the right choice too. Nothing more important than one's family. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.