1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Ecoteck GPRS modem - anyone seen hide nor hair?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Ed Brown, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Ed Brown

Ed Brown New Member

Hello folks-- I'm new to this forum but have had a Francesca for a couple of years and love it. I was cleaning around the stove and noticed the serial port on the back and started to wonder if Ravelli ever got around to completing their remote control by SMS idea. Well, a quick search and, va! bene, it looks like they have. Does anyone have any experience at all with Ravelli's GPRS modem thingy? That is, is it available in North America, cost, etc? Yeah, it's kinda silly, but since our house is in rural Nova Scotia and we travel a lot, being able to fire up the stove an hour in advance.I'll keep looking about for tech info...

Thanks!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Pelleting In NJ

Pelleting In NJ Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central NJ
    I don't think Ecoteck/Ravelli has ever made this option availible in North America.....probably because of the problems with the US Distributor, and/or they are afraid of litigious Americans......

I think the serial-looking port on the back of the stove is for factory set-up/ testing, or to update the firmware on the control board. I believe the GPRS option board plugs into an empty connector on the control board.
  3. Ed Brown

Ed Brown New Member

Yes, thanks, that makes perfect sense...that's exactly where the motherboard is located. Shoulda looked through the manuals first.