Ecoteck Impressions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CT_Burner

Jul 17, 2010
Southern CT
Looking to buy my first pellet stove very soon. My wife loves the Ecoteck Serena and I'm leaning toward the Harman XXV. Does anyone have experience with Ecoteck? Since it is a European stove not yet popular in the states I've found it difficult to find reviews online. Their website doesn't seem to include manuals either. Thanks for any light anyone can shed!

Regards,
Dave
Redding, CT

You could try contacting forum members "wetpellet", "deerking", and "Raul Moreira".......they all have Ecoteck stoves. From what I've read about them, they seem to be a very nice stove.

The mistake (IMHO) that first time pellet stove buyers make is basing their stove choice on looks rather than performance OR, more importantly, DEALER CUSTOMER SERVICE. If you take a close look at many posts the main complaint is about customer no-service. Find a dealer who will stand behind their stove as most manufacturers merely play lip service to customer complaints.

krooser said:
The mistake (IMHO) that first time pellet stove buyers make is basing their stove choice on looks rather than performance OR, more importantly, DEALER CUSTOMER SERVICE. If you take a close look at many posts the main complaint is about customer no-service. Find a dealer who will stand behind their stove as most manufacturers merely play lip service to customer complaints.

Which is one of the main reasons I bought an American made Englander multi-fuel stove. I have almost direct access to their Tech dept on the phone, and to Mike H. on the phone or here on the forum, by PM or email. Any issues or questions I've had have been answered promptly, and any warranty issues handled flawlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.