Ecoteck "No Depress" reading

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dgrabber

Dec 15, 2013
harrisburg
Hey guys new to the forum and I need some help. I have an Ecotek Laura series and the pellets won't drop in the firing pot. At first I though it was the auger motor but I hooked it up to a 110 outlet and got it spinning. I cleaned out the whole stove and the exhaust flu that goes through the wall to the chimney. I checked the lid and front door switch to make sure they are engaging when closed. I don't know what else to do, I live in Pennsylvania and my stove has been out already for 4 days. The production date of the stove is June 2009. I called a local dealer for service and they never got back to me with an appointment time. I spend hours messing with this thing and I'm out of ideas. Could it be the main circuit board not communicating with the auger motor? Could there be a blockage in my chimney? ( that was just cleaned and serviced in 2010) Is there a factory reset button or any way to override the computer? Overall the unit is very complex and it has way to many features for my liking. . Any help or input on the mechanical or technical/ computer side would be greatly appreciated.
My family is COLD!
Thanks
-Dan

Manual shows if no depress is showing,make sure door is shut,press button 3,press button 3 a second time and hold.

Manual shows if no depress is showing,make sure door is shut,press button 3,press button 3 a second time and hold.
Thank you for the reply but unfortunately that doesn't work. I read the manual and tried that, but pellets still wont drop in the fire pot.
Thanks!

1) Does the combustion motor run? (unplug the stove for a minute, plug back in, and the combustion blower should run for a few minutes.)
2) If so, clean-out the vacuum switch hose : Take off the left side panel, the vacuum switch is located at the bottom, next to the combustion blower. Pull off the hose from the switch and see if you can blow thru it.
3) If that does not fix it, jumper the two terminals of the vacuum switch together (Remove the 110VAC cord before doing this).
4) If that does not help, re-check the door latch switch behind the right-side panel . (The vacuum switch is wired in-series with the door latch switch). Carefull, this switch is 110V hot too.
5) If that does not help, maybe its the wires from the control board to the vacuum and door switches : try jumpering right at the control board (bottom-rear of cabinet : remove a screw (or two?) and the control board pivots out for service). On the control board, find the terminal block with 7 screws. Jumper the terminal labeled "AL1" to the terminal labeled "AL2". (I think there is a blue wire on AL1,and a black wire on AL2). These terminals may also be 110 VAC hot.

Send me your email thru the "conversation" feature of this forum and I can send you the Factory Service Manual.

Ecoteck / Ravelli Parts source : North Forge Heating, Annville PA, (talk to Barry (717) 867 1744). Barry has lots of Ecoteck parts in-stock, and shipped them out within a week.

Last edited:
1) Does the combustion motor run? (unplug the stove for a minute, plug back in, and the combustion blower should run for a few minutes.)
2) If so, clean-out the vacuum switch hose : Take off the left side panel, the vacuum switch is located at the bottom, next to the combustion blower. Pull off the hose from the switch and see if you can blow thru it.
3) If that does not fix it, jumper the two terminals of the vacuum switch together (Remove the 110VAC cord before doing this).
4) If that does not help, re-check the door latch switch behind the right-side panel . (The vacuum switch is wired in-series with the door latch switch). Carefull, this switch is 110V hot too.
5) If that does not help, maybe its the wires from the control board to the vacuum and door switches : try jumpering right at the control board (bottom-rear of cabinet : remove a screw (or two?) and the control board pivots out for service). On the control board, find the terminal block with 7 screws. Jumper the terminal labeled "AL1" to the terminal labeled "AL2". (I think there is a blue wire on AL1,and a black wire on AL2). These terminals may also be 110 VAC hot.

Send me your email thru the "conversation" feature of this forum and I can send you the Factory Service Manual.

Ecoteck / Ravelli Parts source : North Forge Heating, Annville PA, (talk to Barry (717) 867 1744). Barry has lots of Ecoteck parts in-stock, and shipped them out within a week.

Thank you for all the info, I'm working on it tonight. The suggestions you gave me are extremely helpful and are greatly appreciated. My direct email is [email protected], feel free to contact me direct if you have any additional info or parts info to contribute. I will keep you posted on how I make out.
Thank you!
-Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.