ecoteck stove help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coolnuke

Dec 5, 2012
hi i have an ecoteck stove since last season. burns great. my question is, would it be better to have an OAK installed? currently it draws in house air, the house is far from air tight unlike the stove.

figure i would show off the stove too

Attachments

• 2013-12-04_13-24-13_598.jpg
    2013-12-04_13-24-13_598.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 81
Why use the heated inside air to make fire and exhaust it? Its not that expensive to do. I think I did one for less than $15 in materials and all where metal. You have plenty of draft with the vertical venting. Make sure you get the stove on a surge suppressor to hopefully eliminate trying to replace the controls. Ground yourself before touching the control panel to fend off static that can kill it too.:)

its on a surge protector already. i was thinking of going down with the OAK. it would be hidden behind the stove and come out under the deck area. 5 feet total.

I found it noticeably cut down on cold drafts. (200 year old house, well insulated)

thanks. i find it odd the intake is only 1.25 inch diameter. seems small compared to other stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.