1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Ecoteck - Will parts be available for Elena Air Plus?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Lake Girl, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Lake Girl

Lake Girl Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    After the shock of learning about Northland Distributing in bankrupcy protection, my close supply of parts is no longer there (teach me for ignoring this forum for a while - missed out on some deals for stoves/parts). Lost my security blanket... one of the reasons we bought this stove was closeness of distributor for parts.

Went looking for the new distributor name (Pennsylvania) and found a website attached to Ravelli, Italy with info on US & Canada. The only "flow" stoves they are showing now are the Laura and Veronique. What happened to the full body ceramics found on the Elena? Are basic parts interchangeable between the Laura, Veronique and the Elena?

Found some older posts about new distributor not covering warranty on previous sales - what's the status on that?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Bioburner

Bioburner Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    West central Mn
    I got a Email back from ecoforge@comcast.net that the pot #32000-07-101 is 90.00 plus tax in PA and shipping. About what I figured it would cost. They should have made it alittle bit heavier IMO. The cleanout cycle really gets things toasty. I am going to either support the bottom or completely replace the bottom with a better piece of steel. Have not heard from anybody from this site about what kind of steel to use. Is there a Ravelli forum?
  3. Pelleting In NJ

Pelleting In NJ Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central NJ
    I just found your pictures, with the cracks in the bottom. My Elena stove has about 800 hours on it, and the burnpot is fine. Why do you think the clean-out cycle caused this : it only runs the exhaust blower on High, and stops feeding the pellets, for maybe 10 or 20 seconds...that will cool-off the pot.

Anyway, the pot is stainless steel, but I don't know what particular alloy.
  4. Pelleting In NJ

Loc:
    Central NJ
  5. Lake Girl

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    I found the website for the Ravelli group with the new distributor`s name & address but haven`t contacted them yet. While at the website, the Elena stove does not appear as the stoves they are importing... For you folks that have serviced these stoves, are the gaskets, blowers and augers interchangeable between the models
  6. Pelleting In NJ

Loc:
    Central NJ
    Lake Girl : So who is the new distributors name and email? (if not North Forge)
  7. Bioburner

Loc:
    West central Mn
  8. Bioburner

Loc:
    West central Mn
    Just like when a Nascar car engine when it runs out of fuel you get an extreme lean and hot burn. If they had just made the bottom twice the thickness it may dissapate the heat better and last longer.IMO
  9. Lake Girl

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    Distributor is Annville Distribution in PA. Bioburner noted email: ecoforge@comcast.net A seperate division of Northforge maybe?
    Ravelli apparently stopped making the Elena in 2010 but parts are supposed to be pretty standard.
    Contacted Urban Hearth who is supposed to be one of the Canadian distributors ... email response was they are no longer distributors.

What's going on with the distribution - is it the distributors or Ravelli screwing around with them?
  10. george pence

george pence New Member

Loc:
    Lebanon,Pa
    North Forge Home heating is about 15 min from my home and it is the place where I purchased my stove
  11. Bioburner

Loc:
    West central Mn
    The auger motor assembly looks pretty standard. The fans are high end German and should last near forever if care is taken in cleaning and if they start getting rough replace the bearings. I have a similar manufacture fan in a Bixby and have replaced a couple sets of bearings. When I emailed ecoforge@comcast.net they got back to me on a new firepot for 90 plus tax and shipping.
  12. Lake Girl

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    Was pretty nervous of the ceramics on the first clean but she peels pretty quick now... I do the cleaning because I'm more thorough.

When it comes to bearings, that'll be the hubby's job. I know my limits.
  13. Pelleting In NJ

Loc:
    Central NJ
    When you clean the stove, make sure you remove the triangular metal plate at the top of the fire-box ("flame-trap"), and vacuum around the perimeter of the square opening just below the round heat-exchanger tubes. Then pull the scraper forward so yo can vacuum the back edge of the opening. I clean my stove about every 3 to 5 bags of pellets.
  14. Lake Girl

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    Thanks for the tip but I usually go one better - use a putty knife to gather the ash that gets in that area, that the scraper misses, about every three or four days. Noticed last year that the scraper reach was shortened due to ash build up and the ash vac wasn't powerful enough to prevent ash buildup to the outer edges. Couldn't find a vacuum nozzle thin enough to get in the gap by the heat exchanger tube to reach the outer edges so the putty knife does the trick...

Any idea why Ecoteck does not provide a better service manual? I hate "driving by feel"
  15. Bioburner

Loc:
    West central Mn
    Why not a youtube clip or two. Harman does. Good sales tool in my opinion. Picture is worth a thousand words. I have posted several pictures of how to clean and what is this for countrysides. Some things are just to hard to explain verbally to someone that has limilted mechanical or technical abilities. But use a picture or video and most everybody can get on the same page. Wouldn't hurt to have a cleaning tool kit for the stoves. I know several other products that include some base tools.
  16. zrtmatos

zrtmatos Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Connecticut
    I just tried going to the listed ecotek website and could not get anywhere. Anyone know of one?
  17. Bioburner

Loc:
    West central Mn
    Have you tried North Forge Heating? Someone stated them as having parts for the Ecoteck earlier the AM.
  18. zrtmatos

Loc:
    Connecticut
    Thanks Bioburner. Yes, I did email that person. I am just surprised to see no listing of parts for the Ecotek models anywhere. The ecotek website I found was not working.
    Does anyone know?
  19. bob bare

bob bare Minister of Fire

Loc:
    park county montana
    sunburst is selling what they have left.appears no one has imported any in a while.european? site still shows stoves and parts,do not know if active.They may have went the way of rikas and boscas.http://www.italianstoves.com/
  20. zrtmatos

Loc:
    Connecticut
    Yeah, that site only has the Ravelli model. :(.
    Can't seem to find anything on the Elena model. It seems to be a ghost. Anyone know anyone who has one? Experience?
  21. bob bare

Loc:
    park county montana
    Lake Girl on this same thread.PM her.She has had good success with hers,and I think she owns another ecoteck.
  22. zrtmatos

Loc:
    Connecticut
    Thanks Bob bare. I did that already. Hopefully I will hear from her on it. :ZZZ
  23. bob bare

Loc:
    park county montana
    Going to leave you a uk link,maybe you can get more info.If you are thinking of buying one,think about not being able to get parts.http://www.ravelli.co.uk/home/
  24. zrtmatos

Loc:
    Connecticut
    Thanks. Yes, that is exactly my thought. Not being able to get parts. I will keep trying.
  25. bob bare

Loc:
    park county montana
    Gaskets,hard parts can be got in the uk,but all US electronics/motors are different,soI thought you could drop them a line.