educate me on homeowner tractor/loader/backhoe, please.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jags, check out the Deere 4410 with the ePowrReverser. It's a true shuttle shift with a wet clutch instead of the converter. All the fun and none of the heat! Not sure if the newer 3x20/4x20 machines with the ePowrReverser trans have the same design.

Oh, I can only imagine what is coming out of the newer machines. Things do tend to get better with time. A wet clutch could be just the ticket. So with the wet clutch is it still a gear drive (positive connection) with none of the converter slip? I am guessing so. That would be pretty cool.

Oh, I can only imagine what is coming out of the newer machines. Things do tend to get better with time. A wet clutch could be just the ticket. So with the wet clutch is it still a gear drive (positive connection) with none of the converter slip? I am guessing so. That would be pretty cool.

Exactly so. All grip, no slip. I still like the eHydro's for all around use (LoadMatch system makes getting the most out of the hydro foolproof) but if maximum power to the ground is your primary concern, it's hard to beat a wet clutch setup for durability.

Status
Not open for further replies.