Educating my bride.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schlot

Minister of Fire
Nov 21, 2011
Iowa
I was out of town for a couple of days. My son tells my wife that he is going camping with some friends and wonders if he can take some wood with him.

My wife, trying to be a good step mom says "sure", but instead of the aged silver maple and boxelder I had stacked, she pointed him to the mulberry and hickory stack.

I laughed and explained the difference so that wouldn't happen again.

Ouch lol

Reactions: ScotO and schlot
LOL...yeah. I made that mistake once...once. ;hm

"Here, take some of this Pine. It will make a lively fire." ==c

I'm pretty stingy with my wood . . . but my friend who helps me cut wood (and who loves smoking meat and camping year-round) knows exactly while pile/stack to pick from if he ever wants wood for camping or his winter camp stove.

Reactions: ScotO
My neighbor thinks the heavier the better. I let him take wood for his occasional fireplace fire. I see him lifting the pieces and taking what he thinks is good but in reality its I yr old red oak. He thinks its great!==c He knows to stay away from my locust and hedge.

OUCH! Here's to hoping she doesn't let that happen again! That's almost grounds for making her sleep out in the shed for punishment!;)

Reactions: Paulywalnut
Status
Not open for further replies.