education on dates stove made please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I went to the stove/fireplace store, I found a Hearthstone Craftbury that I liked. I looked at the tag, which was dated Sept 2006. I didn't want this one, but the store said that because they are made in batches, that the stove I order might be made at the same time.
Is this true- that I might be ordering a stove made over 3 years ago? Then, I should pay a 3 year ago price....
What says you?

Is that the way it is? My date of MFG was the same year i got the stove.

3 years ago's price sounds right to me

meathead said:
3 years ago's price sounds right to me

And then adjusted for inflation - it will probably be right back to where it is.

I dont think from year to year theres a whole lot of differences in MOST stoves, MOST of the time. Checking for rust was a good suggestion. Also, you can ask them if they are certain there has been zero changes made to the Craftsbury in the past 3 years. Stoves are made in batches, but after last years run on stoves I couldn't see much 3 year old inventory sitting in the warehouse at Hearthstone. They are probably looking to move existing inventory to help with cash flow. If there has been no changes and the stove looks good, ask them for a small discount for the 3 year old model. If they don't agree, suggest to them nicely that as a consumer you should have the right to have a new stove ordered for you if thats what you want.

At our shop, faced with the same situation, we would cater to the customer to keep them happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.