EF-2 Combustion motor dying

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nailed_nailer

Minister of Fire
Oct 29, 2007
Cape Cod, Ma
Well the life of no oil heat in my house just got a new chapter written.

Temps outside were around 18 F this morning. My inside house temp was 58 F. My EF-2 had gone out during the night. This has happened before but usually only when I set the "Dial-a-flame" too low before bed. I thought I had left it in a good high midrange burn. About the 1 o'clock position.

So I clean out the burn pot liner of the unburned pellets and give it a quick scrape. Vacuum out the ash from the burn pot and the bottom grates. Throw a handful of pellets into the pot liner.

Then I adjust the auger speed knob to the 3/4 position. Turn off the convection blower and put the auto/manual switch into the manual mode. As soon as I hit the knob I get the tell-tail sound of the combustion blower whining. I have heard this before when the blower was dirty. I shut down the stove and unplug it. I open up the left side of the stove, disconnect and pull out the blower. It is dirty and needs to be cleaned. I do that then replace it.

Stove is now back up and running. But, I have decided that I need to get a new combustion blower. I just placed the order with Rod.

I have been suspecting the blower for a while. It makes a whiney noise every so often.

---Nailer---

Any time we do a summer service stove and the blower seems a little stiff or sounds bad we tell he customer.
Most of the time they say Oh I will wait.
ALWAYS happens it goes out a few weeks latter on a SUNDAY and they are stuck cold for a few days because we are closed on SUNDAY and MONDAY.

did you order the complete blower kit?
If you did not I recommend you email us us to change your order to the kit.

Rod,

I ordered the "complete blower" SKU 50901 for all models. With blower motor, housing and impeller.

Does the kit also come with gaskets?

---Nailer---

Status
Not open for further replies.