1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

EF-2 Combustion motor dying

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by nailed_nailer, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nailed_nailer

nailed_nailer Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Cape Cod, Ma
    Well the life of no oil heat in my house just got a new chapter written.

Temps outside were around 18 F this morning. My inside house temp was 58 F. My EF-2 had gone out during the night. This has happened before but usually only when I set the "Dial-a-flame" too low before bed. I thought I had left it in a good high midrange burn. About the 1 o'clock position.

So I clean out the burn pot liner of the unburned pellets and give it a quick scrape. Vacuum out the ash from the burn pot and the bottom grates. Throw a handful of pellets into the pot liner.

Then I adjust the auger speed knob to the 3/4 position. Turn off the convection blower and put the auto/manual switch into the manual mode. As soon as I hit the knob I get the tell-tail sound of the combustion blower whining. I have heard this before when the blower was dirty. I shut down the stove and unplug it. I open up the left side of the stove, disconnect and pull out the blower. It is dirty and needs to be cleaned. I do that then replace it.

Stove is now back up and running. But, I have decided that I need to get a new combustion blower. I just placed the order with Rod.

I have been suspecting the blower for a while. It makes a whiney noise every so often.

---Nailer---

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. hearthtools

hearthtools Moderator Emeritus

Loc:
    Oakhurst, California, USA, Earth
    Any time we do a summer service stove and the blower seems a little stiff or sounds bad we tell he customer.
    Most of the time they say Oh I will wait.
    ALWAYS happens it goes out a few weeks latter on a SUNDAY and they are stuck cold for a few days because we are closed on SUNDAY and MONDAY.

did you order the complete blower kit?
    If you did not I recommend you email us us to change your order to the kit.
  3. nailed_nailer

nailed_nailer Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Cape Cod, Ma
    Rod,

I ordered the "complete blower" SKU 50901 for all models. With blower motor, housing and impeller.

Does the kit also come with gaskets?

---Nailer---
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.