1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

EF2 ash pan latch

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by chrisasst, Feb 2, 2013.

1. chrisasst

chrisasst Minister of Fire

Loc:
    cortland ny
    My EF2 ash pan is not latching any more for some reason. I have the one with the spirally spring thing.
    http://woodheatstoves.com has them for $90 which I can't afford right now. Looks to aslso have a updated better latch system.
    What can I do in mean time to make this latch work and close tight.. Anything?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Mr. Spock

Mr. Spock Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SW MA
  3. chrisasst

Loc:
    cortland ny

Oh cool thanks... I am just worried if I get just a new latch if it would work or not. My latch does seem broke, unless it shrunk some how... I am also wondering if the piece on the stove that it locks onto has broke off a little or something. It doesn't seems rough though like it broke..
  4. Mr. Spock

Mr. Spock Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SW MA
    Pictures are always helpful. If you have a digital camera get some close ups and post them here.
  5. chrisasst

Loc:
    cortland ny
  6. chamas

chamas Member

Loc:
    PNW
    FS = FreeStanding
    FPI = FirePlace Insert

To replace the latch mechanism you would drill out the rivets, and rivet in the new mechanism. What part broke out of yours? Your photo shows the front of the pan, which doesn't give us any clues.