Efco Mt8200 carb help?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chachdave

Feb 10, 2009
Southern NH
Bought a MT8200 with a blown engine. Got new parts and just put it together but was wondering about the nipple on top of carb. When I got saw there was no tube attached to top nipple. The bottom nipple tube goes to cylinder and fuel goes to side of card. If there is a tube to top of carb. Where does it go?

I've never worked on that saw, but this is the general idea:

1. Fuel goes from fuel tank through a fuel line to the carb. From there, fuel goes through though the wide intake manifold to the cylinder.

2. The line that runs from the carb and attaches to the crankcase should be the impulse line.
_ _ _ _ _

Does the saw have a fuel primer bulb anywhere on it?

Last edited:
No primer bulb on saw. Also don't see any line on parts list drawing from Efco website. Can't understand why there would be nipple on top of carb
if nothing attaches to it.

What is the carb model #? Zama or Walbro? Something has to attach to nipple - impulse line or purge line. Is it the correct carb for Efco MT8200?

I pretty sure nothing goes on top nipple. I saw pic's of saw with cover off in the manual. I was not getting fuel because I pinch fuel line between
gas tank and crank case. I'm such an idiot!!! Got saw fired up and sounds like a beast. Need to get a bar and chains for it. As soon as some of
the snow melts of my load of log lengths the wood chips are gonna fly.

Thanx everyone for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.