1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Efel Harmony Coal Auto Damper Question

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by nrmahoney@cox.net, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nrmahoney@cox.net

nrmahoney@cox.net Member

I have an Efel Harmony Coal stove. It works great. I do have one question regarding the Auto damper9draft controll) function.
    When i set initial adjustment according to the Booklet, it says when stove is cold, position the thermostat at minimum and adjust so damper is open 1mm. After setting this adjustment I find that as soon as the stove gets warm, the damper is closed completly on all but the highest settings. does this seem right.

If any one out there has this stove could you check and eyeball you damper at different setings and stove temps so i might set this thing right.

Thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. lime4x4

lime4x4 Member

Loc:
    Northeast Pa
    That is normal..My efel does the samething.It's designed to open and close as necc to prevent overfiring and to maintain a constant steady heat
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.