Effecta Lambda

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Johnson

Mod Emeritus
Nov 18, 2005
Central NYS
Here's a link to the English brochure on the Effecta Lambda that I saw at the show in Sweden. Not much detail, but you can see how the boiler works. I wish they provided more technical information on the Lambda sensor.

http://nefpexpo.net/effectalambdabrochure.pdf

Attachments

• 68.jpg
    68.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 400
Interesting. Some common themes here:

1) Sloped primary floor (Curses that they didn't figure that out until after I got mine)
2) Turbulators (ditto)
3) Fan is in exhaust - negative cabinet pressure
4) Servo controlled dampers rather than variable speed fans for primary / secondary balance
5) Lambda sensor
6) Smaller than anything sold here. They've figured out that bigger is NOT better, and almost no one needs more than 50,000 BTU/hr.

I really wonder how they keep the lambda sensor alive. I've been convinced for years that an O2 sensor is the only way to truly control these things, but I've seen usable lifetimes of less than 100 hours in a gasification boiler. Maybe they keep it behind a shutter and only expose it for a few seconds every so often, or perhaps there's a way to keep the nasties from condensing on it during startup. Looks like it's a heated sensor - that could well be part of the necessary protection.

Most of the residential boilers on display were in the 35KW range. The EKO being shown was the 25.

There are some pretty old farmhouses in Sweden and Finland, so I assume they have similar problems retrofitting insulation. They're probably smaller, on average, than farmhouses in the U.S. and Canada, but not by all that much. I suspect that the long winter nights in that part of the world are also a factor.

That thing is really sharp.

I could imagine Jags on a drunken evening, throwing his laundry in the front of it, expecting it to "dry". :wow:

Status
Not open for further replies.