efficent settings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hamerlaner

Nov 17, 2014
Wi.
I have a BM620-9 pellet furnace with a corn-troll system on it looking for the most efficient settings I seem to be using a lot of pellets

Given no answers yet, I think you're going to need to experiment on your own. May be no others with that stove (I am not familiar with it). To measure my stove and find most efficient settings, I use an IR thermostat (gun type) which is available at Harbor Freight for $35. You can also use a cheaper thermometer placed at the room air outlet of the stove, but don't leave it there for more than a few seconds. The highest air temp at the lowest pellet feed rate is your optimal setting, varying of course your draft to achieve that. Go get a thermometer and have fun experimenting...

Status
Not open for further replies.