1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Efficiency of a Vogelzang Shiloh vs a Fisher stove

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by sapratt, Sep 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sapratt

sapratt Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northwestern, Oh
    I was looking at a Vogelzang Shiloh. The efficieny rating is between 60% and 70%. I have a Fisher Granpa bear I think.
    Its the biggest stove they made. Is that Vogelzang a lot more efficient then the Fisher? And would I burn a lot less wood?
    Right now I'm burning a little over 4 cord to heat a 1500sg ft ranch style house.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BrowningBAR

BrowningBAR Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Doylestown, PA

The Shiloh is a LOT smaller than your fisher stove. It only has a 1.32 cu ft fire box. You would not be happy with the results.
  3. BrowningBAR

BrowningBAR Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Doylestown, PA
    If you are looking to upgrade while still heating the house, using less wood, and stay within the Vogelzang budget price you might want to look at the Englander 30NC.
    http://overstockstoves.com/50nowomo2sqf.html

How much wood will you save? That will vary on a lot of things. You could save as much as 1-1.5 cords.
  4. sapratt

sapratt Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northwestern, Oh
    I was looking at the Shiloh price tag while looking at the Performer. I just realized that. The Performer is a more efficient stove the tag say 75%.
    I'm still going to shop around first and see if I can find a better deal. That Englander is nice. I had a chance to buy a vermiont castings stove but it needed
    alot of work. Hey if I could save 1.5 cord a year that would be great. Cause the problem I have now is I only have enough room to save up for 1 burn season.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.