Eko 25 to look like an OWB.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ihookem

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2009
Allenton, Wisconsin
Has anyone taken a gassifier and set it on a slab and build a little building around it to look like an OWB. I just got my EKO 25 on Tuesday and know it needs to be in a shed or something so I was thinking of making a slab for it and buying some steel roofing to make the walls and roof. Has anyone done this? Do you think it would need to be insulated?

I've heard of folks building sheds for their gassers. I'd second what flyingcow says - build it big enough to keep your wood under cover. I think you'll thank yourself later...

ihookem,
I put my EKO 25 in a 8'x10' insulated building with a concrete slab, with an attached 10x10 uninsulated portion to hold the wood (gravel floor). With the required clearences you can't go much smaller for the boiler room, in fact I had to put up some fire board on the back wall since the chimney pipe didn't have the necessary clearence to a combustabel surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.