1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Eko 40 first fire

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by hayrack, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hayrack

hayrack Member

Loc:
    central maine
    I just finished the long install of my Eko 40 that I bought from Kotly this Summer. I had an old Memco wood boiler that the Eko replaced. I miss the old Memco, but I am sure I will fall in love with the Eko. I have a 1000 gallon propane tank that I will start heating next weekend. Today I just wanted to fire the boiler and get used to all the functions. I guess I got it going just in time. It is snowing here and we have a couple of inches on the ground. Now I need to read the threads on tuning the Eko.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. sdrobertson

sdrobertson Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West Michigan
    Just starting out I would go with the settings recommended in your manual to get you going. I wouldn't fine tune any air settings until you've been burning a while as you have allot of water to heat and it'll take a few hard burns to get the ceramics set. I found myself chasing my tail when I first started with my boiler trying to keep tinkering with the settings. Its hard to do, but just fire her and let her be...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.