EKO-40 install in PA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

noiruuk

Oct 1, 2008
PA
Got me an EKO-40 coming soon. Is there anyone in the central PA area knowledgeable in the installation of such? Or perhaps knows someone who knows? I could look around and hire a regular heating/plumbing person to come out and do the install, but I'd much rather prefer someone with a good recommendation and experience in installing gasification boilers.

Thanks in advance!

where at are you located in central PA?
im new to EKO's also and thought once you had it going i could come take a look to see one in person.....

I know what you are going through. We are near Williamsport and I've had 3 heating contractors here and none of them have ever installed a wood fired boiler let alone ever attempted heat storage and an oil boiler backup. I have finally(I hope) found somebody. He's coming here this week from apprx. 35 miles north of here. He was recommended by the Bio Heat USA web site(when I was looking at the Tarm products). This guy has installed wood pellet boilers...has his first Tarm install going in this week near here and is going to his second training class with Tarm next week. He said he would install another brand if that is what I choose to buy but at least he knew about heat storage. First contractor here that new what a gasifier is!

I too would love to see your install and speak with you about your impressions once you are up and running. One of the other references from Bio Heat was a place in Lewistown...pm me if you want the info or go to their web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.