EKO 40 Secondary air ports

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donl

Feeling the Heat
Nov 23, 2007
Ontario
For those of you who have an EKO 40, could you let me know whether or not the two metal secondary ports are tack welded to the front frame. Mine are not. Seems I read quite a while back that they were indeed supposed to be tack welded. The reason I am asking is that once last year and now once this year a backfire inside the unit has caused a metal port to be driven forward with a lot of force. Enough force to make a big dent in the front panel. I just tap them back in, but that is not a fix. Has anybody else had yhis happen?

Don

Don I don't have an EKO but I think I recall reading that someone had to re-weld those because the tack broke...

I have a Paxo (like and Eko) but have not had this problem. Tuning is jut like an Eko though.

Don L said:
For those of you who have an EKO 40, could you let me know whether or not the two metal secondary ports are tack welded to the front frame. Mine are not. Seems I read quite a while back that they were indeed supposed to be tack welded. The reason I am asking is that once last year and now once this year a backfire inside the unit has caused a metal port to be driven forward with a lot of force. Enough force to make a big dent in the front panel. I just tap them back in, but that is not a fix. Has anybody else had yhis happen?

Don
I had the same problem as the tack weld broke. I just pushed it back and rewelded it. No problem since. Very easy fix. I have hear of a couple other people that had this happen. Just shine a flashlite in the pipe and make sure the holes are horizonal and weld if it wasn't welded before. It just takes a tack weld to hold it in place. I think with my 80 the thermal expansion caused mine to move.
leaddog

Thanks guys for the information. I will get them tack welded and that should take care of that. I guess somebody at the EKO factory forgot to tack them.

Don L said:
Thanks guys for the information. I will get them tack welded and that should take care of that. I guess somebody at the EKO factory forgot to tack them.

If I remenber right Eric J had the same problem and it was covered under warrenty. Dave at cozy heat said mine was also covered buy I had the welder and did it my self. You might check where you bought it???????????????/
leaddog

Status
Not open for further replies.