EKO 40 Temp ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bricks

Jan 13, 2009
West Central Wi.
I have only had my EKO 40 up an running about 4 weeks now.

When I fire my EKO with coals still left, say the water temp is 178. Fan is on but not gassifying, I add wood dosen`t matter the amount but consistently my temps will drop 4- 8 degrees before it starts to climb back up. When I turn the boiler back on and starts to gassify Is this normal?

Thank You

Is this after you rake the coals around then put your wood in? If so it is gassifying thru the coals. My wood is kept outside so when I add wood it is cold and it takes a few min to get the new wood burning. I too see my temps drop before they rise.

Simply thermodynamics - put cold wood in the boiler - it has to heat the wood up to make the smoke. Your temperatures will drop a little (mine do).

Even with my wood inside (insulated attached garage) next to my Econo. the temp. drops a few degrees. Think of the temp. differential between the wood and the firebox.

Thanks Guys...................Being a newbei and all just wanted to make sure I did not have a problem. I new I could count on the boiler room for an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.