EKO 60 Secondary air screws

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemer

Feb 26, 2008
Northeast Pa
My brother and I recieved our new eko 60's .So far i'm very happy .Working on getting them hooked up.I wish the maneuels that came with them were a little more detailed.Maybe some one can tutor me on the features.
1.how do the adjustments work on the secondary air?
2.New controlers most usable features.
3. coil pipe that sticks out on both sides.
4.fitting under plastic cover on top of unit
I sort of know about these items but don't really truley understand them like I would like too.

The manual is pretty spare, unfortunately.

The secondary air adjustments are those little threaded rods with the slots cut into them and the retaining nuts located right underneath the fan cover. I believe the factory setting is 3.5 turns out. However, I have mine set at 6 full turns, and that works best for me. If I were you, I'd start at six and then play with them from there.

I don't know about the new controller, since I have the old one. But I believe leaddog has an old thread detailing some of the new features. The biggest ones that I know about are the farenheit readout and the ability to go up to 195 degrees.

Those pipes sticking out of the sides are for overheat protection, but I don't use mine and I don't know anyone who does. In fact, I had to cut one off to fit in my boiler room. Anyway, I would just ignore them for now. If you ever have an overheating problem (I never have), then they might come in handy.

Don't know what you mean about the plastic cover under the top. I just have spun glass insulation.

The 60 is a great boiler, IME. It takes about 6 months of use 1.) for you to get good at using it and, 2.) for everything to break in and settle down. You might get minor issues with the smoke bypass damper sticking with creosote, and I found that the refractory pieces work better after the water in the ceramic has had a chance to dry out. I also got a crack in the refractory that fills the gasification chamber door, but it did it's thing and hasn't gotten any worse over time, so it's not an issue.

Thanks Eric
The plastic plug I'm talking about is on the top left of the boiler .I think it has some thing to do with a aquastat for boil over.Zenon is a great guy but with his accent it some times hard to understand him.With all the guys getting EKO's it would be great if someone here could translate the owners manuel.Iwould like to maximize my performance of my boiler and would hate to find out I was missing a feature or had an adjustment out of sync.We are to the point of hooking up the wiring and still dont quite understand the new controler.I also thought I read somewhere about a outside tempature sensor??? Thanks for your help

You can download a somewhat better version of the EKO manual from Zenon's website. It still doesn't have much information, but it is written in plain English.

Can't help you with the controller, but I bet leaddog can. He's got one of the new ones.

I would say that plastic cap on top is access to route wires into the controller area. I ran my power cord and a thermostat wire through there. The manual definately lost something in the translation!

Status
Not open for further replies.