EKO 60 with barometric damper video

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

taxidermist

Minister of Fire
Mar 11, 2008
Fowlerville MI
Hey Taxidermist --

That was a very informative little video. Thanks very much!
If you like doing this, could you take us on a virtual tour of your EKO-80? I've never seen one. Could you walk us around the thing, inside and out? Show us the damper plate, which seems to cause so much trouble? the control system. Insides - loading/strarting process, and also all that plumbing hardware slung off the back. What is each item? What does it look like? What is its function? What does it cost? Being able to see the thing up close through your eyes woiuld be a real public service.

I have been emailing Poland. They say their boilers ship with British Pipe Thread, not NPT. Does your boiler have BPT to NPT adpaters on it, or did it come with NPT?

Regards
Smee

I have a lot of that on my blog at the bottom of this page. I would love to do a video however with my vista system I cant post videos on youtube with out going to my parents house. I may be able to send a link to my video to you. I will work on it and maybe do a video.

Rob

Very enlightening video; I plan on following your lead. One question........I've been looking around at BDs and see a price range from $22 to $89 with the tee. Yours seems to work perfectly. Would you give us a ballpark on your cost? Thanks.

ohbie1 said:
Very enlightening video; I plan on following your lead. One question........I've been looking around at BDs and see a price range from $22 to $89 with the tee. Yours seems to work perfectly. Would you give us a ballpark on your cost? Thanks.

I know that the above wasn't addressed to me, although I have to some significant extent been an agitator for the heresy of the benefits of barometric dampers on wood gasifiers.... (as compared to the orthodoxy, which is correct as far as it goes, that barometric dampers = Russian Roulette on low-efficiency solid fuel appliances).

call Patriot Supply- they generally have darn good prices, helpful service, and good inventory (I have no connection except as a happy customer): www.patriot-supply.com

CZARCAR said:
pay specific attention to the installed site for the baro= cant get distorted with creosote deposits. taxi, was that on purpose?

Nope that was the cheepest way for me to install it as I only needed 1 adapter from insulated twist lock to reg black stove pipe.

Taxidermist

Thanks to your inspiration, I set up my Dwyer man. tonight. I'm pulling a steady .11, with some moves to .115, and it's a calm night. So it looks like I might benefit from the BD.

Status
Not open for further replies.