EKO contoller question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

McKraut

Feeling the Heat
Sep 1, 2011
South Central PA
I have a question concerning the interaction between the EKO RK2001UA and the house's TEKMAR controller.
If you leave the thermostat connection jumped on the controller, the RK2001UA is fully functional, but the TEKMAR does not have any input into the functioning of the boiler. The other thing I dislike is that the circulator runs nonstop (above the setpoint).
If you remove the jumper on the thermostat connection, the TEKMAR does control the boiler, but it disables so much of the controller, I am concerned. The only time the boiler responds to changes to the RK2001UA is when one of the zones in the house is calling for heat. Tonight I walked out to the shed to add wood, and by the time I got there, the zone in the house had stopped calling for heat. I could not open the boiler because there was no way to force the fan. Beyond the inconvenience, I have a fear that the boiler will begin overheat and the RK2001UA settings that call for the circulator to start will be "ignored" by the TEKMAR.
I have contacted Zenon a few times asking for explanations for several problems but his answers are usually clipped, cryptic, and frankly, worthless.
Am I missing something about the way these 2 interface? Am I not understanding what is happening?

Thank you,

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.