1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

EKO fan filter

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by Dave T, Feb 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave T

Dave T New Member

Loc:
    Dansville NY
    I have an EKO 60 in my basement,the house is an 1875 farm house and it still has the dirt floors in the boiler room I am getting build up of dust on my fan blades, I have scratched them off clean once this season already..Do you think a house furnace filter or an old K&N;automotive filter over the fan shutters may help with this issue??Dave

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. pybyr

pybyr Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Adamant, VT 05640
    Are you sure it is coming from the house into the blower? Or could it be coming back out of the combustion chambers during puff backs?

I have not disemboweled the blower on my Econoburn 150 yet (peeked at it, just did not dig into it) but I'd be more inclined to wash the impeller every now and then than to restrict airflow into it.
  3. Dave T

Dave T New Member

Loc:
    Dansville NY
    You could be right Pybyr I've been using wood of various MC and having to tweek EKO accordingly so it puffs untill I can get it running right for the wood I am feeding it Good insight..Dave
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.