EKO fan filter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave T

Mar 28, 2008
Dansville NY
I have an EKO 60 in my basement,the house is an 1875 farm house and it still has the dirt floors in the boiler room I am getting build up of dust on my fan blades, I have scratched them off clean once this season already..Do you think a house furnace filter or an old K&N;automotive filter over the fan shutters may help with this issue??Dave

Are you sure it is coming from the house into the blower? Or could it be coming back out of the combustion chambers during puff backs?

I have not disemboweled the blower on my Econoburn 150 yet (peeked at it, just did not dig into it) but I'd be more inclined to wash the impeller every now and then than to restrict airflow into it.

You could be right Pybyr I've been using wood of various MC and having to tweek EKO accordingly so it puffs untill I can get it running right for the wood I am feeding it Good insight..Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.