Eko first burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trumpeterb

Jul 15, 2009
Western PA
Well, it has been a long time coming...my eko 40 was delivered in august, and I just finished the install yesterday. I installed the stove and retrofitted my house with a radiant floor system and a domestic hot water side arm heater. With my work schedule, I could only work on the install on weekends, and even then I had to work around my kids' naptime, which is sacred in my house. But it is done!!!! It was 34 degrees last night, and I fired it up for the first time. This morning, my house was 76 degrees and my shower was HOT!!! What a great feeling of accomplishment for this DIY school teacher. Anyway, I thought it appropriate to post a huge THANK YOU to those that know what they are doing on this forum for your help and advice. I turned to this forum many times, and every time someone was willing to take time to help me. I could not have finished this without your assistance. Thanks again!!!!!

congrats!
where in PA are you located if i may ask?

I am in western pa...halfway between Pittsburgh and Erie...about 1/2 mile from Ohio boarder...near Sharon/Hermitage area.

im just north of you. im 29 miles west of warren PA.
getting all the snow we are?

Here in the Williamsport area in the hills we have 4 to 6"......too early for this! Possibly a sign of things to come? We are also in our 1st week of wood heating in this crazy weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.