EKO new controller

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

easternbob

Nov 29, 2007
Central NY
Does the new controller (RK-2001UA) have the same freeze protection, turning the pump on if the water gets below 40*, as the old controller? I read thru the manual and I couldn't find anything about that.
Thanks,
Bob

I couldn't find it, either, but I think it does.

I went to the manufacturers website, to check myself, I don't know how this can be accomplished. They make some fancy controllers!

I know for a fact it does as I have used it. But now that you posted the website I see it also has a control for a mixing valve???HMMM got me thinking we are missing a key part here? Les (leaddog)what do ya think??? is this almost the same as what you are doing?

taxidermist said:
I know for a fact it does as I have used it. But now that you posted the website I see it also has a control for a mixing valve???HMMM got me thinking we are missing a key part here? Les (leaddog)what do ya think??? is this almost the same as what you are doing?
No It's not what I'm doing as I am using a seperate temp. controller to operate my modulating valve to control my output temp from the boiler. It varies the valve with 4-20ma current.
The um1 modul they are talking about is a relay. It can be operated with a thermostat conected to the controler. It is run by 12v and there is some posibitys on different ways you might use it. I think you could use any solidstate relay. It is either on or off. You could use it to open and close a valve turn on your oil burner or send an alarm.
I like the pid temp controllers as they are more accurate, have better control as they can autotune, can be set on how far and how fast you want them to move, and a host of other things. I've been able to by them as cheap as $5 and they go as high as $1500 on ebay. I just picked one up that can be programed and run from my pc and I'm going to try and figure out how I can use it. They also work very good as stack and tank temp guages. Instant readouts and can operate lots of different things. Just research the nombers as each no. in the part no. means different things and might not do what you want it to do.
also the thermocouples can be bought on ebay and are quite cheap but make sure the controller can use the t/c you buy.
leaddog

leaddog said:
taxidermist said:
No It's not what I'm doing as I am using a seperate temp. controller to operate my modulating valve to control my output temp from the boiler. It varies the valve with 4-20ma current.
The um1 modul they are talking about is a relay. It can be operated with a thermostat conected to the controler. It is run by 12v and there is some posibitys on different ways you might use it. I think you could use any solidstate relay. It is either on or off. You could use it to open and close a valve turn on your oil burner or send an alarm.
I like the pid temp controllers as they are more accurate, have better control as they can autotune, can be set on how far and how fast you want them to move, and a host of other things. I've been able to by them as cheap as $5 and they go as high as $1500 on ebay. I just picked one up that can be programed and run from my pc and I'm going to try and figure out how I can use it. They also work very good as stack and tank temp guages. Instant readouts and can operate lots of different things. Just research the nombers as each no. in the part no. means different things and might not do what you want it to do.
also the thermocouples can be bought on ebay and are quite cheap but make sure the controller can use the t/c you buy.
leaddog

Man I thought I was on to something!!!! back to thinking again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.