EKO pictures

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

taxidermist

Minister of Fire
Mar 11, 2008
Fowlerville MI
Ok I am a hands on learner and I need all the pictures I can of eko installs. I have a eko 60 barn install with 140 ft logstor pex to house a 550 gal tank and sidearm also a forced air heat exchanger. I read the diagrams but I am still struggling with the details. Anyone from MI want to come over and supervise me?

Rob

Here's my 60 a year ago all plumbed up and ready to be connected to the system.

Attachments

• trickedout1.jpg
    trickedout1.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,031
  • trickedout2.jpg
    trickedout2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 1,034
WOW Eric now that really makes me scratch my head!!!! I thought I had some idea of how this system works but now I am really confused. This thing is going to be fun I can tell allready.

Rob

Ignore the temp/pressure gauge at the top of the primary loop. I relocated it to the front. Other than that, everything is the same. What I have there is two sets of supply and return lines--a 1" and a 3/4." The Taco 007 simply circulates hot water from the top of the boiler into the return to prevent low-temp return water corrosion. The aquastat at the return tee runs the main system pump and the roundish black thing is a low-water shut-off switch. An old one.

Eric- just so I can learn from your layout, the LWCO switch is on your return line? and did you size the 1" main trunk of supply and return with any special figuring, or by instinct and rule of thumb? Is the 3/4 for some separate actual load, or for a dump zone? I am currently in the midst of trying to figure proper sizes for piping and circulators, to be efficient but not overkill.

I had a 1" line already plumbed in for my old boiler, and the 60 needs more capacity than that, so I added the 3/4, which basically serves my greenhouse (also a dump zone). So it's a retrofit, but it works. On the LWCO, I forget why I put it on the return, though I think all that matters is that it's higher than the pumps.

hey ' there is a link on here to installed eko tarm pictures . I cant find it at the moment, but I have looked it up many times. I just finished my eko 40 install with 1000 gal . Its up and running and as soon as I get some time I will post some pics.In the mean time I will look for the link. INSTALLED EKO TARM PICS WANTED. found that one.I think jebatty had one called PRESSURE STORAGE UP AND RUNNING.

I have looked for that one too and all I can find is pictures of eekesters pics ( I think that was his name) I an looking for some good detail photos with some explaination of parts.

Thanks Rob

I'm too lookin` for some detail shoots of the Eko boiler.
The boiler will come in a few days and I need to know what to expect. I want a simple, spacy and not least functional pipe arangement.

Status
Not open for further replies.