Eko Silicone Gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trumpeterb

Jul 15, 2009
Western PA
I ordered the silicone gasket for my Eko 40 and it arrived today. I assumed that you would receive enough gasket for both the top and bottom doors, but I only received enough for the top door...I guess that is what I get for assuming. Anyway, my question is this....is it a "normal" thing to only put this new silicone gasket on the top door only and leave the "stock" gasket on the bottom, or is it advisable to put a silicone gasket on the bottom door as well? Just wondering if I should order another....or call and see why they only send one....

I only put one on the top door. I ran it one season worked well. The original bottom gasket is still doing fine. A tip for putting it in. Some folks put it in from end and work it around and cut off the extra. I put the two ends in together in the middle of the door hinge side and worked it in from there. That way you have a thicker gasket. JMO

Great advice...thanks. I will definately try and install it this way.

The lower door gets a lot hotter than the upper door. I'd bet the silcone gasket would not fair too well.

I too am running the new gasket up top and the original on the bottom with no problems. I think you'll find it to work quite well...

Status
Not open for further replies.