Eko super controller

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemer

Feb 26, 2008
Northeast Pa
Close to buying a eko 60 or 40 and I'm under the impression that there are older models and a new super model.I'm led to believe the super can control my oil furnance if the fire goes out (turn it on) and the super has Fahrenheit vs Celsius also something about new refractory and a coil?Is super exclusive to a 60 and 80?
Thanks for any help

From my understanding, the Super has a manually-operated heat exchanger cleaner and different refractory. I also believe that all EKO models sold now in the U.S. (imported by New Horizon) are the Super models. So it's probably a moot point. But verify that. The Super is worth any premium you might have to pay. Apparently in Canada, you can still get the Standard models, so Canadian buyers need to be more careful. The new controller is nice, from what I hear. Make sure the boiler you order comes with it.

The new control has a set of dry contacts on it so it will spool up your fossil fuel boiler when the fire goes out. The fan purge/idle control is know on the key pad instead of the back of the control housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.