Eko tax rebate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

t4driller

Jul 29, 2013
windber pa
I had bought a eko 25 last year and is wondering if I was eligible for a tax rebate. I had contacted xenon at New Horizons and couldn't understand a single word he said. The guy who does my taxes said there is every kind of furnace but wood. I did some research on this forum and seems like in the past you could get one. Thanks in advance for any info.

There is a 25c tax credit for energy efficient improvements: http://www.dsireusa.org/incentives/incentive.cfm?Incentive_Code=US43F It includes biomass heaters, ie wood burning, and I believe the minimum efficiency is 75%. The credit is $300 and goes under "energy efficient property" on IRS Form 5695. For my wood stove I have a certificate from the manufacturer that says it qualifies.

If I was in your shoes, I would take the $300 credit and print out the manual or testing documentation that shows the efficiency and keep in around in case someone asks one day.

Also note the lifetime limit of $500, so if you've received a credit in previous years for windows, insulation, etc... you will need to take that into account.

At one time Zenon had the certificate available for download on his website.

I had contacted xenon at New Horizons and couldn't understand a single word he said
POLISH CLASSES START FRIDAY FEB. 7 AT 6PM THIRD FLOOR ROOM 312

insulation would be energy efficient property as well, correct?
Yes!

EDIT Most of us have here have ambition enough to have income and owe taxes. My wife is a tax preparer and consistently runs into folks who want a tax credit when they don't owe any taxes. It's a tax CREDIT. Mostly on Prius's

Last edited:
Wow, there are more pages of instructions than lines in which to put information! I didn't get to the bottom but I wonder if it has the typical disclaimer, "this form complies with the Federal paperwork reduction act"?

Status
Not open for further replies.