Eko Warranty?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodChoppa

May 21, 2010
N.D.
I was looking at the Eko warranty online and I was a bit shocked to see that it's only 5 years as opposed to 25 years with some of the other boiler makers. Has anyone had issues claiming warranty work? If the manufacturer is located in Poland who exactly is standing up for the warranty?

I think the dealer you buy from is suppose to handle most warranty issues? Any way one of my lower chamber u-blocks cracked in 3 places after 3months of use.I was VERY careful in moving them in and out for ash removal since day one. I didnt drop them or throw them around.So I called the dealer I bought it from(I would rather not say which one but they sell over the internet ,not here locally)and they said no problem -we will send out a replacement no charge.Well 7 months later still no u-block.I might call them back now and try again--but I really shouldnt have to.So I think a person is really on their own buying on line.But I do like my boiler--it heats alot of square ft.on little wood.

Seems like the warranties for these units don't matter that much ..... the units that are a POS the company does not service the warranty or goes out of business and the good quality units don't really have much go wrong that would be cared for by the warranty.

I do have an EKO and it has not needed warranty service so far.

mr.fixit said:
I think the dealer you buy from is suppose to handle most warranty issues? Any way one of my lower chamber u-blocks cracked in 3 places after 3months of use.I was VERY careful in moving them in and out for ash removal since day one. I didnt drop them or throw them around.So I called the dealer I bought it from(I would rather not say which one but they sell over the internet ,not here locally)and they said no problem -we will send out a replacement no charge.Well 7 months later still no u-block.I might call them back now and try again--but I really shouldnt have to.So I think a person is really on their own buying on line.But I do like my boiler--it heats alot of square ft.on little wood.
Update-- I did call again and received my new blocks no charge.I upgraded to the "new" style of blocks( for a upcharge of coarse)The new blocks seem to work better than the old u shaped ones. They give the flame more room and they don't fill up with ashes so fast.They are alot easier to clean the ashes out of also.

Seems like the warranties for these units don’t matter that much ..... the units that are a POS the company does not service the warranty or goes out of business and the good quality units don’t really have much go wrong that would be cared for by the warranty.

Not true in my case ! The weld on my eko 60 (the interior bottom of the flue pipe ) cracked and was spraying water into the burn chamber after one season of use. I called my dealer and he said get a welder and get it fixed , he would reemburse. I did -- and he did (Cozy Heat ). So I have no complaints on that score.

Reactions: flyingcow
my Eko 40 has a leak in the top chamber . My dealer will fix if he can but if it looks worse than what we think I'll be sol

My controller went out after 4 years . I called Mark at Ahona and he said don't even bother trying to get the warranty. I bought a 490 dollar replacement controller form Ahona. After 3 weeks the controller shut off the pump and it over heated. I didn't want to take it back in the heating season. I will send it back soon though and trust Mark it will get fixed. I sure hope the manufacturer doesn't say something stupid like I did something wrong. We will see.

My controller went out after 4 years . I called Mark at Ahona and he said don't even bother trying to get the warranty. I bought a 490 dollar replacement controller form Ahona. After 3 weeks the controller shut off the pump and it over heated. I didn't want to take it back in the heating season. I will send it back soon though and trust Mark it will get fixed. I sure hope the manufacturer doesn't say something stupid like I did something wrong. We will see.
Gôod luck getting anything satisfaction from AHONA...they gave me the run-a-round for months! Hope you get better results than I did!

Gôod luck getting anything satisfaction from AHONA...they gave me the run-a-round for months! Hope you get better results than I did!
Been on here for sometime now. First negative I have seen of AHONA. would you mind sharing details in a PM?

I may be mistaken, but if you read the fine print, you will see that unless the unit was installed AND maintained by a Dealer, there is NO warranty!

This thread should receive some kind of award. Brought back from the archives after almost four years.

I have no idea whether or not the warranty terms have changed since 2010 when I posted that link. Fortunately for me, I don't care one bit. I haven't had a single problem with my EKO in the six years I've been running it other than a door seal replacement. My system reached it's payback point somewhere in the fourth year, +/-. So at this point she's printing me dollar bills every time I light her up. Quite a few dollar bills at that.

Your mileage may vary. There are fancier boilers out there with no-doubt more and/or less restrictive warranty language. My low-tech EKO owes me nothing...

Reactions: Fred61
Status
Not open for further replies.