Eko25 Blower Replacement - Wiring Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Blue Tornado

Howdy:

Came home to a small box on the porch today. Zenon came through with the replacement.

I have not had any experience with this type of motor. When opening the faulty capacitor and junction box 6 days ago, things were kinda messy in there. I have the blower mounted with the ground wire attached and don't know how to continue. In the photo, the ground appears to be attached at the wiring block but it is attached behind the wiring block.

The cable coming from the controller is a 3-wire, blue, brown and green. Blue is common, brown is line and the green ground. The blower motor is a 4-wire, green, blue, brown and black. The black shares a lug with one of the capacitor wires. Assuming the blue is common, one wire is determined. As for the other 3 I haven't a clue, nor do I know if there are any jumpers to consider.

So if my reasoning is correct the blue goes to blue and the brown needs a home. Where is that home? My thought is that it goes with a capacitor and black wire. Are any jumpers needed and where?

If someone could provide the answers, I would greatly appreciate it . If not, it will wait till tomorrow when Zenon can be reached.

WireBlock.JPG Yikes.jpg

I'd email Zenon. He's always been quick to reply for me.

I would never assume blue goes to blue. You're connecting products from two different manufacturers, (motor>controller). It would be asking for trouble.

I would not touch it without a factory wiring diagram. Two hot leads could be a multi speed motor or it could,be how the cap is used in the circuit. It would be very easy to make it light up like the sun.

One suggestion I will make is take the data from the new motor cap and write it down with the manuals, in case it smokes again and you want to change it out of warranty. Match the Farad rating and go up on the voltage rating, if possible. Match type and polarity, if any.

Thanks for the reply Dan. You provided good information and I agree it is something not to be taken lightly.

All is good here after getting the boiler back on line yesterday. The electric company got too much over this past week.

Status
Not open for further replies.