EKO25 FIRST FIRE!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CANUCK GLAZIER

Jul 10, 2008
south eastern Ontario
Well thanks to all the great info here my lil 25 had her first gassifying experience. My storage isn't going yet but that'll be another post i'm sure. It is cold tonight and I am loving stoking the fire. Two more winter storms before Christmas and we are toasty warm, woohoo !!!!!!

God Bless and Merry Christmas

Rob

CANUCK GLAZIER said:
Well thanks to all the great info here my lil 25 had her first gassifying experience. My storage isn't going yet but that'll be another post i'm sure. It is cold tonight and I am loving stoking the fire. Two more winter storms before Christmas and we are toasty warm, woohoo !!!!!!

God Bless and Merry Christmas

Rob

Congratulations! There's nothing like that first fire. What a great way to start the holiday season.

If you are happy on your first fire you'll be jumpin for joy when the plastic inserts get fully burned out..Good to hear your up and running, here this morning the temp was 12 degrees F preaty much was all night and the house is at the stat temp 68 this after a 7 hour burn and wood still in the EKO to boot (yup I idle quite a bit), with my old Mohonning OWB my house would have been falling all night and I would have woke up after a 6 hour burn at the most, to a 60 degree house and struggling to do any better..ENJOY THE HEAT you will love the EKO...Dave

Hey Dave,

I have heard of something about a break in period but I don't know about those plastic inserts. Where are they located?

Rob

CANUCK GLAZIER said:
Hey Dave,

I have heard of something about a break in period but I don't know about those plastic inserts. Where are they located?

Rob

There located in the nozzles. EKO uses them to form the air passage ways when they pour the concrete for the secondary air to get to the nozzles. After the first fire or two all the plastic is burn out and then it really rips!

Status
Not open for further replies.