Electric Chainsaws?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcus

Feb 11, 2006
Ohio
Anyone have experience with the Electric Chainsaws? I really would not use a chainaw a lot, but would like to have one handy for when I do need it. Nothing heavy duty. Electric would be more convenient for occasional use and not require much maintanance. Plus they are cheap. Has anyone used them and are there any that would be halfway decent?

Thanks in advance for the info!

I use mine all the time. Cheap Electric $50, 3hp, trim up to 3 cords a year. It not as fast as gas but no engine repairs, no trouble starting, no fussing with gas mixture, better yet no earth shattering noise . They last about 4 years and I buy another
Did I say light and power on demand pull the trigger switch. Don't have to keep it iddeling positioning the next log. Useless cutting trees in the woods no electricity

I bought a Remington Pole saw last year. The cool thing is, the saw detaches from the pole to make a small hand-held saw. Way cool & I often carry it in my motorhome for campfire wood. Awesome for the reasons Elkinmeg stated. Also, I just picked up an electric Husqvarna 316 at an auction. I'm impressed with the way it cuts. I don't know how often I'll use it, but the price was right! ($80 in near new condition)

Status
Not open for further replies.