Electric conversion of a lawn tractor.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering how much mowing I could get done with a conversion and perhaps a bit more amp-hours on the battery. The idea of a quieter mower with good hill traction is quite appealing.

BG - there has actually been some that were factory built. I expect with better batteries coming on line that this may come back to the surface.

The rolling resistance isn't what takes the power on a mower. The actual mowing does. You might want to google electrac (GE). There actually are folks that are converting others. Check out this place:
http://www.mytractorforum.com/forumdisplay.php?s=3aaebbd25c7a1a3a168083d42cc06d55&f=193
(There are actually a couple of forum members from here that are members there. And no - I am not jagwire, I'm still Jags:))

Status
Not open for further replies.