1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Electric Cordless Chain Saw?

Post in 'The Gear' started by rudysmallfry, Nov 29, 2012.

1. amateur cutter

amateur cutter Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West Michigan
    Yes to the oil, & the saw. A C

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Cheapest extended warranty in the business and the HP Ultra oil is excellent. The MS180C-BE is a older model that has been around for some time now. It's a proven winner for a small saw. Chains are cheap for that saw as well. :)
  3. DanCorcoran

DanCorcoran Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Richmond, VA
    Yeah, I bought the oil, since I'll need it anyway. It wasn't a lot more expensive, so it made the additional warranty seem like a good idea.
  4. wardk

wardk Member

Loc:
    B.C. Canada
    Thats great, the only difference as far as safety goes is gas is a little loader. Wait till you tell the broads at coffee " Yea today I fired up the sthil and bucked up some cherry" pretty cool compared to weather and kids.
  5. rudysmallfry

rudysmallfry Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Milford, CT
    Yeah....I don't converse with other women much. Talk of children, fashion and shopping makes my eyes glaze over. I'm a season ticket holder for the Pats, ride horses, and would rather have tools for Christmas than jewelry. I'm thinking I should have been a guy.
    seige101 likes this.
  6. Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ridge, LI, NY
    Ah, Rudy, you and I are thinking alike :)

My thread on a saw...

http://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/looking-for-a-battery-operated-saw-small-bar.100349/
  7. milleo

milleo Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Maine
    I too was terrified of a chainsaw but bought the 180 C-BE and love it, I have bucked up about 4 cords with it, so far so good and not regretting getting it....I think you will do fine.
  8. Gary_602z

Gary_602z Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Odessa,MI
    You will also be well on your way to the expensive addiction!:)

Gary
  9. HDRock

HDRock Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Grand Blanc, Mi
    Again, I think ,given your personalty, I think your confidence will grow by leaps and bounds, once U start using the gas saw
  10. rudysmallfry

rudysmallfry Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Milford, CT
    Yeah, I think I'm going to get it. Haven't heard a negative thing about it yet, and it does look like a fun toy. Thanks for all the input.
  11. blwncrewchief

blwncrewchief Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Northern, IN
    I love my little ms180. While in big stuff it is a little under powered, keep a sharp chain on it and up to 12" or so it is a little light saber. I use the crap out of mine. Probably have cut 5-8 cords of wood with it in the last two years. Nice and light, can run it all day without fatigue. Probably on my 10 best money spent on tools list. After having it for two years $200ish is a heck of a deal. When I first bought it I thought it was a joke to put a 16" bar on a saw this size and planned on putting a 10 or 12" as I really only bought it to be a limbing saw. After cutting with it I might say a 14" would be a little better but it pulls the 16" just fine and I end up cutting stuff using allot more of the bar than I ever expected for a 30cc class saw. It looks like a cute little saw, but let me tell you it might just surprise you how much you can do with it. While it is certainly no race saw, with that little picco chain it is a surprisingly capable little saw.