1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

electric heat pump maintenance

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by micaaronfl, Jan 5, 2011.

1. micaaronfl

micaaronfl Member

Loc:
    pennsylvania
    hello all,

i just brought a house with an electrci heat pump, i live in PA - i know it sucks to live in PA with an electric heat pump but i have little options.

For those that have electrci heat pumps are there any yearly maintenenaces that you need to do aside form changing the filters?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. rkusek

rkusek Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nebraska
    I'm guessing you mean an air source, (not ground source) forced air system with just a outside unit like an air conditioner. Some of the ground source types would require regular HX cleaning but you probably just have the more common air source type. If so, nothing more to maintain other than what a normal central air conditioner would require. I change my filters every 1 to 3 months depending on how high a quality filter I use. I believe some air handlers use a cartridge type that is a yearly change however. Basically keeping things clean on the outside unit and a little shop vac work around the air handler is all I do. An HVAC company would probably do an annual checkup just to make sure everything works if you wanted piece of mind. Unless a component fails, I don't know what else would need to be done. No chimney to clean, burners, gas lines to inspect, etc. like other systems would have.
  3. micaaronfl

micaaronfl Member

Loc:
    pennsylvania
    yeah just a forced air, sounds good just making sure if there was anything i should be doing annually.