Electric outlet near stove-

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

njtomatoguy

Feeling the Heat
Jun 20, 2006
Maple Shade, NJ
I was looking for opinions- I am not getting a blower on the stove, but the outlet in question is in the wall right where I am putting the stove- does anyone think that will be a problem? I'd rather move it now than after the stove is in..

Thanks.
Bob

I assume you are installing the stove a sufficient distance from the wall or building a clearance reduction enclosure.
That being so the electrical outlet is ok. It would be impossible to use it behind the enclosure so if you need it, then move it far enough away, it becomes a non factor. At least 3' from the heated surfaces of the stove and 18" from single wall vent pipe

Thanks for the reply-- It will be right behind the stove, and I am planning oputting it fairly close to the wall- Avalon pendelton brochure says stove to wall rear clearance is 8.5 inches, with double wall pipe, so i'll be moving the outlet.. and I guess a wall mounted gas vent free heater can't be to close to the stove either, right? I was planning on taking that out also..

I guess a wall mounted gas vent free heater can’t be to close to the stove either, right?

Your guess is correct. There are codes dealing with combustion air requirements and proximity of competing combustion appliances
I do not want to quote code but You already knew the correct answer. good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.