Electric saw's chain (on a gas saw?)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
one of me neighbor's scrapper buddies found an electric chainsaw on side of road, think it was a remington, he asked me if i wanted it, i tested it and it was fried. I took the chain though because it looked new.... but it looks like it has about 1/2 as many cutters as my other chains.....would it be okay to run this chain on on a gas saw (if it fits in and on the bar) ????

Might be a skip-tooth chain, which is fine. However, many electric saws run narrow gauge chains. Verify it's the same pitch and gauge as your bar and sprocket.

thanks,i will check that......it does seem quite narrow......is it wrong that i got excited about using a different chain? :p this must part of that CAD thing i keep seeing on here.....

using different chain- kinda like a mushroom growth on an old log

using different chain- kinda like a mushroom growth on an old log
nice.......also nice is your saw collection.... what kind of chain/bar do you use on your 6401? ( i just bought a 6421 from Home Depot, but it has a safety chain and i don't even know what kind of bar....bar is all black and just has HD rental painted on it)

Status
Not open for further replies.