Electric Splitter Insanity

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this ad on CL for a DR electric splitter
http://chico.craigslist.org/grd/3979034829.htm
DR Splitter.jpg

Says he paid $1300 for it new! Examination of the motor, pull rods and log pusher reveals that it is exactly the same as all the other 4-5 ton electric splitters (Homelite, Ryobi, etc.), which sell for around $300. Just how much is the DR name worth?
l

Says he paid $1300 for it new! Examination of the motor, pull rods and log pusher reveals that it is exactly the same as all the other 4-5 ton electric splitters (Homelite, Ryobi, etc.), which sell for around $300. Just how much is the DR name worth?
l

He's either the world's most gullible person, he's lying, or he has faulty memory. Brand new from D&R it's only $420, which is more expensive than the competition, but not unreasonably so.

I just tied a cord to the actuator handle then down to the wheel. I push the cord sideways with my knee which pulls the handle down and push the button with my left hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.