Electric splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Occo370

Jan 23, 2010
Jersey Shore
Can anyone fill me in on.... Do u have to top off or fill the hydraulic fluid in the small electric splitters. I ran prob 6-7 cords thru it already. Not sure even how to check it

Find the user manual online

Had to top mine off after around 4 cords. I have the 5 ton from home depot and needs to be vertical to check. There is a bolt at the top and has a long dipstick.

Occo370 said:
Can anyone fill me in on.... Do u have to top off or fill the hydraulic fluid in the small electric splitters. I ran prob 6-7 cords thru it already. Not sure even how to check it

I didn't know that Stihl made splitters.. I'd like to see a pic of it if you could do that.. I checked the Stihl website and didn't find any splitters...

Ray

raybonz said:
I didn't know that Stihl made splitters..

Looks like Occo has a run on sig

<br>

SolarAndWood said:
raybonz said:
I didn't know that Stihl made splitters..

Looks like Occo has a run on sig

OK duh on my part never dawned on me that his signature ran on... If Stihl ever did make an electric splitter I thought it would be top shelf like their other products..

Ray

My still is the 170. The splurged is the lowes 5 ton electric

Occo370 said:
My still is the 170. The splurged is the lowes 5 ton electric

Yup I got ya now.. If you hit enter after each item when creating your signature it will place each item on a seperate line.. When you save the changes all your old and future posts will be updated right away.. I have the same splitter as you do and it works good on everything so far except Elm.. If you don't have a Werner work platform to raise your splitter off the ground Lowes is offering them on Black Friday weekend for $19.00 (reg. $43.00)..

Here is a link to the ad for the Werner work platform: http://www.lowes.com/cd_Black+Friday_584207998_ ?cm_mmc=email_promo-_-promo_20101121-_-num1-_-num

Ray

I have a small bench. It's less lifting in myopinion to keep it low. Have u replaced or added hydraulic fluid??

Occo370 said:
I have a small bench. It's less lifting in myopinion to keep it low. Have u replaced or added hydraulic fluid??

I haven't replaced or added fluid but I did buy a gallon last year.. Next time I use it I will check it.. To check this splitter you have to stand it up and the dipstick is in the upper end..

Ray

Perhaps I should be clearer here. What is"
"?

JV_Thimble said:
Perhaps I should be clearer here. What is"
"?

HTML for line break, like hitting return on a typewriter starting the text on the next line.. When you edit your signature and hit enter after every line entry the site automatically creates the
code for you when you hit enter so you are sanitized from the process..

Ray

thanks raybonz... when i did my signature it had html tags up top
( line break

( start new paragraph ect..... apparently they didn't work ...... so the
that you see should of started a new line for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.