Electric Woodburning stove (need assistance)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CindyD

Nov 24, 2007
Ohio
I have this Woodburning stove in my house it plugs in and is supposed to have a blower on it..I never tried to use it till yesterday we started a fire in it and had it plugged in How long should it take for this blower to kick on if you close the door the fire will go out, This is an older model it says 1977 on it Made by KNT., Inc. called IMPRESSIONS..How hot or how long should this fire have to burn to get the blower to kick on?...and on the pipe is a lil knob..for the flue I imagine..which direction should this be to allow the smoke to flow up the pipe?
Any help would be appriciated I would really like to use it

not sure about the blower, it may be thermo controled. as for the lil knob i think you're refering to my roomate :0 just kidding, its probably a damper. before you use it you should (or have someone) inspect the condition of the chimney and what not. when all is good to go make a fire nice and hot and fool around with the damper.

is the blower mounted inside the unit? or is it visible? it may have a switch to turn it on and off a lot of older units didnt have a thermostatic blower. as for the knob on the flue, that is the damper, usually the knob is a little spring with a rod through it , open is with the rod running with the pipe, closed obviously is when the rod is turned perpendicular to the pipe. you will want this open when starting, then close it down as the fire gets rolling good.

if this unit has been sitting ,and you have not used it or the flue since you have been in the house , i'd recommend having the flue looked at before use, just to ensure previous owners didnt leave it in bad repair or dirty

stoveguy2esw said:
if this unit has been sitting ,and you have not used it or the flue since you have been in the house , i'd recommend having the flue looked at before use, just to ensure previous owners didnt leave it in bad repair or dirty

Excellent suggestion.

Thanks for the Replys, We did get it figured out..the wires that went to the thermostat, were fried, so my hubby cut them off and wired it direct to the blower, which I think I'm gonna have him rewire it to see if that thermostat works cuz, I"m a sweatin my butt off now..with the blower running all the time..Have a Good One..Enjoy the Holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.