ELECTRICAL OUTLET --- CLEARANCE?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodywilson

Dec 10, 2010
SE MICH
Good evening-- nice night for a fire !!
Working on my layout for my PE T5 -- corner install calls for 4 " clearance with dbl wall I have a plug back in the corner which makes it (the outlet)
9-12 inches behind the stove .
I have not seen anything on outlets in the manual
Is an outlet ok in any location so long as it is beyond min clearance?

Should be if the outlet is at normal height. It doesn't get too hot behind the stove.

That said, I like to exceed clearances when possible. It's nice to have a little wiggle room and extra peace of mind.

BeGreen said:
Should be if the outlet is at normal height. It doesn't get too hot behind the stove.

That said, I like to exceed clearances when possible. It's nice to have a little wiggle room and extra peace of mind.

Predictably, I was pondering this too.

Generally, where do you think the best location is for an outlet behind a stove? I was thinking either on the floor at the base of the wall, or at the bottom of the wall, under the theory that the lower the cooler. Agreed?

I guess by the time I build my hearth up 6 iches ,that it effectively moves my plug down six inches relative to stove which puts it near the bottom.
Going to fly with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.