Electrical outlets near stovepipe.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I climbed under the house and the wires out of our recepticles go straight down under our flooring and then straight up through walls and into the next recepticle. This is good news. Tomorrow is Monday. Wednesday high is 17 degrees and low is going to be 4. Dont know if I can get a loan, purchase stove unload stove and pellets, install stove and pipe all of this by myself by Wednesday. Also I am getting a Harman p43. Do I need to burn it outside first to prevent odor and smoke in the house ?

Reactions: bcarton and bogieb
I'd strongly suggest that you are going to need more than just the power required to run the stove.

I am with Smokey all the way. I had a dedicated line run for the stove before the install and had my electrician put in a second box as well. One is at the back of the stove and surge protected, to power the stove itself. The second is in the front of the stove for my vac. They are on the same circuit, but I figured the stove would be off when using the vac -- and it always is.

PS: Nice to see you Smokey . . . and yes, Madame DeFarge is well!

Last edited:
Or you can use a stud finder that doesn't work (except when our neighbor held it on his groin and stated it was working) and make a hole in the wall directly into a stud. Don't ask me how I know that. A little repair work and it was fine.

After we had it all done 3 days later we saw there was an outlet on that wall. Luckily we missed the wiring when making our hole

Status
Not open for further replies.