Electrical Wiring Inside Pellet Stove Fire Chamber

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gonfish

Aug 7, 2008
Sask. Canada
Hi. I'm doing an alternative-fuel experiment with my pellet stove, and for a long and involved reason, I need to install an electromagnet inside the fire chamber. Does anyone know if normal copper wiring is likely to survive the temperatures in there? Or what would a person use instead? THANKS!

I was gonna ask what you're doing, but I'm not sure I wanna know... :coolsmile:

High temperature appliance wire as used in electric ranges is pretty durable stuff as far as temperature goes. Check with an appliance repair place or site. You can also get porcelain wire nuts and high temp crimp terminals. You know that you will probably be voiding your warranty and the pellet police will be knocking on your door before long... :roll:

Chris

The ignitors are wired in several stoves and are in the burn chamber. Check out a Quad 1200.

Thank you to both of you for your replies. I'll be checking out all the ideas. And thanks for the tip on the pellet police - I'd better start wearing a disguise when I'm working on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.