Electricity use for stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It varies by how big the stove is and how much you use it but I would guess around $20 per month give or take.

Harman 52i insert and using it to supplement heat
Have a Harman P61A..
Electric bill has always been a steady 75.00 month.
After getting our Stove, 87.00 month this winter.
was surprised at how low but forgot to factor in that Our Oil furnance only ran for Hot water half dozen times each day so Electricity[circulator motor/Ignitor] used by our Furnace dropped and was a Factor...
Also, after our Stove fired up, we ran it on Room temp/ Manual to keep Igniter from firing up multiple times a day..
Now that weather is warming up, we are using Room temp/Auto..

Our last two bills have been $89. Cost about $15 a month to run.

I'm on a propane furnace. Actually noticed my electric bill go down after I installed my P61 since the blowers are smaller than the ones on the furnace.

measured m stove using a killawatt meter, used about a light bulb 75 watt's when the auger ran

If you use the 'search', you'll find a multitude of answers to this one! Remember to attach the BS filter, though. :)

Was a hard one to judge this winter with having to keep so many things from freezing.

Status
Not open for further replies.