1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

electronic ignition - pilot will not go out

Post in 'It's a Gas!' started by regb, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. regb

regb New Member

Loc:
    bc canada
    Hi, I have a Lennox MPLDV fireplace with electronic ignition using a wall switch. I recently had the ignition module replaced under warranty after having some problems with it not starting. The dealer came out to check it over and ensure it was working - which it did. A couple of things however - when I first turned on the gas a puff of gas was released from the burner before switching it on. The service guy checked it over and could not determine why. A few day later after running the fireplace for an hour or so and shutting down, there is now a standing pilot? Normally the gas would shut right off and when turned on again it would spark and fire up.

Any ideas why I am getting a pilot now when it is a electronic ingition model? It seems to work fine however it should not have a pilot. Possibly be something to do with the thermocouple or thermopile? Do i need to be worried?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Rider Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    Some electronic modules have an option which allows for a standing pilot.
    This is generally controlled by a remote, but some models have a rocker switch,
    located in the valve cavity, which will control the pilot.
    Check your owners manual to see if you have this option & how to control it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.