Electronics problems with Woodmaster Flex Fuel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Approximately 4 cords from end of December to early April. It was a self installation so it took time. No dealers/installers in my area. After all my hard work oil hits a low lol. Still very happy. Even happier after watching a neighbor just switch to propane.
I would expect to do double that at least with the 200 btu model, think? House is 4100 sq feet and drafty. You have a lot of storage would you think I need to double that too?

Great info. Thank you.
That auto ingnite sounds incredible... This is the only system that I know of that has it... I would like it.

How is cleaning? The Tarm Froiling has the leaver on the outside to clean the tubes. That seems like a plus. I cant find video or docs on cleaning the Flex Fuel. The pellet option is good because it gets me a $5k rebate but it costs 3k to get it. I think I would burn wood mostly too, just cause it is cheaper for me.

It's gonna be interesting to see where your research takes you. Can't tell you how bad I initially wanted a Garn, but didn't have room. Also the pellet option is nice to have. Wish someone would create an inexpensive easy to use residential pellet maker lolol.

I have a Flex Fuel 60 that I installed fall of 2012. It has worked beautifully on both wood and pellets supplying heat and DHW for 5K sq ft house and shop. The unit quit working last week and at first inspection I believed the lambda (oxygen) sensor had failed. Once I had a chance to remove the sensor and do some testing, I have found that the sensor is working as designed, the boiler control is not supplying power to the o2 sensor heater circuit. Has anyone had problems with the control board on their Flex Fuel?
How many cords of wood do you do a year? How much water storage do you have?

I would expect to do double that at least with the 200 btu model, think? House is 4100 sq feet and drafty. You have a lot of storage would you think I need to double that too?

So many variables. I would Always make sure I had the double the wood available and monitor closely including species. There is such a difference. Gotta be sure it's seasoned and dry. A moisture meter is a must too.

So many variables. I would Always make sure I had the double the wood available and monitor closely including species. There is such a difference. Gotta be sure it's seasoned and dry. A moisture meter is a must too.
How many cords of wood do you do a year? How much water storage do you have?

Haven't seen a full winter yet. End of December last winter to early April was about 4 cords. I have 880 gallons of storage in 4 220 gallon tanks.

New problem - has anyone found that when you open the firebox door, there is a little puff of wood ash from the flue damper? I installed 2 Flex 30 furnaces - one at my parents' and one for myself. Both installations have this problem and it creates a major cleaning problem to clean the dust that finds its way throughout the house. We "invented" a scrubber that consists of a 7" galvanized T placed over the damper, with a cap on the bottom of the T (to collect the ash) and a porous filter placed in the top of the T (to allow atmospheric pressure into the damper). If anyone has this problem and wants some pictures, let me know. Email: [email protected]
I will be sending pictures to Woodmaster as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.