Elk hunting has arrived!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swagler85

Minister of Fire
Mar 4, 2012
NE Ohio
seansellsohio.com
Well season is apron us and I am halfways across the country about to set out after an elk. Got about half a days drive left then we embark on the hunt!

Best of luck to you.

Reactions: ScotO
Hope you are not the "apron" wearer with the boys out in the boonies!:)

Gary
Especially about half way thru the hunt......................Good luck on the hunt, shoot straight!!!!!

Good luck, keep your powder dry. (Paper too :) )

Good luck and cant wait for some pics. Montana is a beautiful place (it was Montana, right?).

elk.jpgelk1.jpgelk2.jpg
Well made it back from the elk hunting trip and had a blast. Amazing country out there to see, lots of wildlife and elk were there! Had an awesome two week hunt, passed up a few really good bulls early in the hunt. And had a giant elk come running right at us as we were in the middle of an open valley trying to get around the elk. That thing came right up to us to see what we were. Ended up rushing the shot and sent an arrow right over its back.I was bummed but excited to have the experience. Then an hour later had this one do almost the same thing, he came over a ridge as we were walking below it and came closer to see what was down there. He came into rangeand I took my time on this one and drew my bow and settled the pin behind his shoulder and let it rip. He ran up over the ridge and piled up. What an amazing experience it was out there.

Maybe trade some elk meat for a new pair of jeans. :rolleyes:

Nice shot, good looking rack. Good stories for years to come, I'm sure...not to mention some good eatin'!

Great pics, brother! I plan on an elk trip out to Montana someday. My buddy, who died from cancer several years ago, went out every year with a big group from our area. I had made plans to go with him several times but never followed through. I wish I would have now that he is gone. We're gonna do a trip in memory of him in a year or two. Glad you cashed in, nice looking bull, lots of good eating ahead too!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Great pics, brother! I plan on an elk trip out to Montana someday. My buddy, who died from cancer several years ago, went out every year with a big group from our area. I had made plans to go with him several times but never followed through. I wish I would have now that he is gone. We're gonna do a trip in memory of him in a year or two. Glad you cashed in, nice looking bull, lots of good eating ahead too!

Yeah cant wait to eat some of those steaks! Elk is great meat and I have a lot of it now.

Elk chili....m-m-m-m-m!!

Reactions: ScotO and swagler85
Thats a fine Elk! Sounds like a great time....

Don't forget the pics of the food! We love pics of food, as much as anything else ;)

(I know I asked you previously, where abouts in Ohio? I work in Cleveland and live near Wellington. I am also of the younger population here. Have a couple pair of pants just like yours :))

Thats a fine Elk! Sounds like a great time....

Don't forget the pics of the food! We love pics of food, as much as anything else ;)

(I know I asked you previously, where abouts in Ohio? I work in Cleveland and live near Wellington. I am also of the younger population here. Have a couple pair of pants just like yours :))
From Canton, Wife loves the pants too much to get rid of em.

Congratulations on a fine elk hunt Swagler. Enjoy that meat.

Chili was amazing!chili.jpg

I hate you. <> Overnight me a bagful packed in dry ice and we can be friends again. ;lol

Reactions: swagler85 and ScotO
You SONOFAGUN.......that looks delicious! Ohio ain't all that far, I could be out there to Canton in a couple of hours............lol

Im less than an hour. My invite must have been lost in the mail.... Not the 1st time its happened :(

Great story - congrats! Should've worked the jeans into a hand -to -hoof knife fight story, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.